Forum

California Times Publishing  

RSS

davefollmers
(@davefollmers)
22/02/2018 11:14 am  

Hello,
Has anyone heard of or had any dealings with CaliforniaTimesPublishing.com ? They approached me for one of my books, and I'm thinking of accepting. They will promote it for a year. They'd sell it at $5.99. I'd only get 25% of royalties, which isn't much, but since I'm not promoting my book at the moment and thus not getting any sales, I figure I don't have anything to lose. They seem legit from what I can find out.

Thanks !

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
http://accentuatewriters.com/viewthread.php?ti
sales video marketing

ReplyQuote
Hank Quense
(@mwg-admin)
New Member Admin
22/02/2018 7:28 pm  

IMHO, if a "publisher" contacts you, I'd ignore their email.  Legit publishers don't contact authors because they're up to their eyeballs in slush submissions. I just pasted their website name into my browser and got a 404 error.  Not a good sign.  Try googling their name and see what comes up.  What I found is a lot of negative stuff.  I'd recommend you delete their email.  If you do follow up, be very careful and don't commit any money for "premium" services.

ReplyQuote
melbournegal81
(@melbournegal81)
02/11/2018 2:58 pm  

Don’t do it! I paid $800USD to get published in 2016 when their website was catimespublishing.com. Took ages and ages and then when I asked for updates on when royalties got paid they claimed they went bankrupt and lost their deal with amazon and they would get all my material including cover etc back to me and I’m still waiting. They also said they would refund my $$. Still waiting for that too. I hope you were able to avoid the sharks they are!!

ReplyQuote
Share: